Needs List for Arrow River Forest Hermitage
last update - Jan 11, 2016
The lay community often asks "What type of goods can I donate?" To help you
decide what is appropriate for donation, below is our current list of needs.
Many of the items are used or consumed regularly, while others are project
specific. All items are non-perishable in nature.
Please check with the hermitage before donating perishable items; our
storage facilities are limited.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION IF YOU SEND ANYTHING BY POST
1. Do not sent hazardous materials through the mail (example: bug spray)
2. Package Deliveries
Please contact the hermitage with tracking number and carrier and date shipped.
Parcels form the US must have attached to the box full content list with values and may be subject to duties and/or taxes by the receiving party.
Mail parcels to:
Arrow River Forest Hermitage
c/o 634 Hartland Street
Thunder Bay ON P7B 2E6
All donations of goods requiring a tax receipt are to be
- the donors name and mailing address
- proof of fair market value (ie. receipt of sale showing place of
purchase, date and dollars paid).
The stewart of ARFH will sign that goods have been received and forward
all information to the treasurer for issuing of an official receipt.
- Snow Shoes (used or wait for sales)
- sized for the average male or female guest
- contractor grade wheel barrow
- hand-tools, good condition only please. Especially hammers and saws.
- #10 wood screws 3", 2" 1 5/8"
Small ongoing needs
- note pads
- elastic bandages (ie. Elastoplast-type)
- transparent (Scotch) tape
- paper towels
- insect repellent (summer)
- wooden kitchen matches
- propane mantels (not naptha mantels!)
For building projects and maintenance
- lumber of any size
- paint and varnish (we can use your half-empty tins if still in usable
- nails of all sizes; especially 2" and 3-1/2" ardox (spiral)
- drill bits, all sizes
- garden tools; steel rakes spades etc.
- flat files
- duct tape (never have enough!)
- dust masks
- paint brushes
- axe handles, large
- hand-saw (fat max 20")
- hammers, wooden handle carpenter type.
Computer & communication equipment
- printer cartridges for Brother MFCJ280W
For the Kitchen
- canned food of any kind
- tea bags, any kind especially black
- drinking glasses, regular size
- PLEASE do not bring perishable items unless by prior arrangement.
- Are always useful and welcome!
- Apple Store
- Pali Text Society
- Maeir's Hardware (Thunder Bay)
- Canadian Tire